Yummy Coconut Macaroons
- 2 medium egg whites
- 150g of caster sugar
- 150-175g of grated coconut
- 5 teaspoons of smooth applesauce
1. Put all of the ingredients together in a pan. Mix together well on a low-medium heat. Stir frequently until it is mixed well and warmed through. If the mixture looks too wet add flour until the mixture is thick enough consistency to mold into individual portions.
2. Take the saucepan off the heat. Once the mixture has cooled down enough to be handled, take teaspoon sizes of the mixture and place on the baking tray.
3. Place in the oven and let them bake for 15-20 minutes, until they change to a light golden colour.
4. leave them to cool and then tuck in to a yummy treat
I do love coconut. I haven't cooked properly in a long time and cooking these reminded me of how much I enjoy cooking little treats I should really do it more. This is what Sunday are made for, cooking and relaxing.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend.