Monday 20 October 2014

Winter Warmer: Red Pepper & Tomato Soup


With the nights getting darker and the air getting colder its about time we wrapped up in our woolly jumpers, scarfs and boots and had a nice steaming hot soup to keep us warm. I do love soup, their so easy to make and there's so many different types out there, in a range or gorgeous colours and flavour.  Tomato soup, is an old classic and one of my favourites.

Here a recipe for a delicious roasted red pepper and tomato soup, with an added kick if you want. If you don't like spice just forget about the chillies, it will still taste just as good.



Ingredients:  

1 chopped onion
2 red peppers
1 tin of tomatoes, I used plum as they were the ones we already had in the cupboard
2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
1 oxo cube
olive oil
chillies - to taste, I used two and it was pretty damn spicy.. mmm


First things first add some oil to a pan, wait for it to heat up and chuck in your peppers, onion and garlic. This is also where you add your chopped and deseeded chillies (optional). 


Allow them to soften. Once they're soft, next up is your tomatoes. Open up your can and add the whole lot to your pan along with your OXO cube. You can add a splash of water if you prefer to make it more runny.


Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes then pop it all into a blender. Give it a whizz until the mixture is as smooth as possible. You can also put the mixture through a sieve if you want it completely smooth. Me, I like mine with a bit of texture.


And there you have it, it's time to plate up. When I last made this recipe it made about 3-4 servings. I hope you enjoy this little winter warmer. It definitely warms me up when it's chilly outside.

Let me know if you try this recipe out, I'd love to know your thoughts.

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment